If you’re thinking about which of the content management systems (CMS) you should use to launch your business website, the best option by far is WordPress.
WordPress is a web-development platform built that is accessible to everyone, regardless of whether their website is personal or for business. It is so versatile that anything is possible; from a personal blog to a landing page for a large company with multiple features, including complex functions for SEO and marketing purposes.
Here are the top benefits of WordPress Businesses that you should know about:
WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems
Almost a quarter of businesses worldwide use WordPress as their CMS including Disney, TIME, BBC America, TED Blog, TechCrunch, and Sony Music. Its intuitive design means that it can be used by all staff members, regardless of their department. Combine its small learning curve with its global audience (its website owners can publish their website in many languages) and you get a CMS that doesn’t require a lot of training to use. In fact; it’s likely that, if you’ve hired someone to edit web content, WordPress is already their CMS of choice.
WordPress has thousands of available themes which you can customize to fit your business’ needs
While you purchase a domain and hosting provider for your website, WordPress offers start-up and budget-conscious business owners tons of professionally designed themes and plugins to utilize for free. All you have to do is choose which one among the open sources you’d like to use for your website that matches your blog or business niche.
WordPress is mobile-friendly
As you choose from tons of professionally designed free themes, make sure to select one with responsive design. Choosing a free and responsive WordPress theme can save you so much time fixing your website’s styling in mobile view.
In addition to that, a website that is mobile-friendly ranks better than the ones that are not. Responsive web design helps your business to improve your online presence and get the leads that you need.
There are an estimated 2.87 billion people who use their mobile device to look for something they want or need, and if your website is not mobile-friendly you risk stunting your business’ growth by losing a lot of leads.
Other benefits of a mobile responsive website include:
- Attracting a wider audience
- Accessing easy-to-monitor analytics while lessening bounce rate
- Offering flexibility to consumers and increasing conversion rates
- Gaining a higher ranking in Google while boosting relevance
WordPress is search engine friendly
WordPress remains the most search engine friendly CMS, despite the increasing number of drag and drop style website builders such as Wix, Weebly, Jimdo, Squarespace.
With WordPress, you can conveniently add cache plugins to load your site faster, optimize the images in bulk with just one click. It’s easy to write meta descriptions, set up page titles, and generate an XML sitemap to improve SEO ranking!
WordPress allows for the easy setup of user roles and capabilities
As the website owner, you have the privilege of providing different authorities to your internal staff when working on the backend. There are four roles you can assign your team; Administrator, Contributor, Editor, and Author.
Meanwhile, if you are running an eLearning module or perhaps a membership website, you can set up any role for members depending on the plans that are available from your platform like gold, platinum, and basic members.
Types of websites you can make and launch with WordPress
- eLearning modules
- Q&A websites like Quora
- Coupon and auction websites
- eCommerce Store
- Jobs Board
- Portfolio and Entertainment
- Web Portal
- Amazon Affiliate Stores
- Multisite Network
- Membership Website
It is highly unlikely that these numbers will decrease in the succeeding years. WordPress is getting better at the CMS game by innovating and offering new features to outsmart the other competitors. Designers are taking notice of this which is why they continue to use it to this day.
WordPress lets you scale up your website features conveniently
If you can think of a function that your website needs, chances are WordPress can make it happen. Bring on your unlimited ideas and set them live on your website. Some examples you can add as features for your business website are as follows:
- An interactive monthly quiz consumers can enjoy. The quiz could be something relevant to your products or services. Implementing quizzes on your website is one of the best ways to obtain insights from your consumers.
- Video marketing. Uploading a series of short testimonial videos will help you to establish authority within your chosen field, making it ideal for fields such as eLearning.
- Interactive calculators, in case your business model involves the finance sector or subscription based services.
- Customisable forms to suit any purpose i.e. contact forms, account details, etc.
- Built-in spam protection so you can deal with spam comments with the ease of a single click.
- Lead generation functionality to help you convert strangers and prospects into customers.
- Accessibility options to ensure that your website provides a user-friendly experience to anybody.
- eCommerce tools to make the act of selling your products easy and manageable.
- Gallery plugins to host your high-resolution images in a curated place, as well as image compression and optimisation tools.
- SEO Tools to help your website achieve a higher ranking in search engines.
- Caching tools that can help your website’s load speed, which in turn improves its Google ranking.
- Calendar plugins to keep your customers aware of the events that your business is hosting, as well as allow them to RSVP or purchase tickets.
- Podcasting tools that make it easy to host your business’ podcast on your website as well as other directories such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts.
There are several ways to use WordPress to connect with your customers and increase trust in meaningful ways. You just have to find a highly committed and well-established digital marketing agency to show you how to bring your ideas to life!
We hope you have enjoyed this article about the benefits you can obtain if you use WordPress for your business website. If you did, make sure to check out some of our related articles below: